Friday, April 11, 2014

Gefseis Greek Grill


Finally found a Greek restaurant!!! After a great day in the beach, Gefseis Greek Grill is definitely the place to have a hearty dinner. All I can say is, food is awesome... in fact it's beyond awesome. Can't find the right words so here are some snap shots. Don't be deceived by the simplicity of its presentation, coz every bite bursts flavors I can't pinpoint.


The Food

Let's start with the appetizers:

The Greek Salad is so refreshing. Tomatoes, thinly sliced white onions, cucumber, olives, and feta drizzled with olive oil.

Greek Salad

Fried Saganaki is fried cheese. Squeeze the lemon to neutralize the saltiness. FRIED CHEESE!!! Need I say more?

Fried Saganaki

Main entree:

Moussaka is made up of eggplant and potatoes smothered in richly spiced tomato sauce. I was so fascinated I didn't dissect my meal to see what's more in it.

Moussaka

Souvlaki Mixed Platter, I got the lamb/chicken/beef just to have  an idea what lamb tastes like. This plate is for sharing, though it looks not that much it's really filling. 2 pieces of pita topped with chicken, lamb, and beef,  smothered in rich tomato base which I think has olive paste or something. Comes with thinly sliced white onions with finely chopped cilantro, tomatoes, fries, really strong garlic sauce and hot sauce. Eat them up together and BOOM!

Souvlaki Mixed Platter

Yummy desserts:

Baklava. Lots of walnuts under thinly layered pastry, cinnamon powder, and honey to kick the sweetness. Great, simply great!

Baklava

Lemon Cake. I bet you're expecting something zesty and a bit sour to be served, not this one. It's off the menu so the chef was the one who suggested this. And I'm glad we had it. Refreshing, simple yet heavenly. It has been a long time since I had something really good as this.

Lemon Cake
Cold water for drinks is fine so you can savor every flavor that their menu has to offer. A picture of the flyer is at the bottom, just zoom in to see how worth it is to stop here for a meal. Still working on the photo quality but here's some snaps of the dining area with a visible kitchen.


The Place



better enjoyed scene on the day time
the room is a bakery of some sort, yeah they serve it fresh!
Some flowers and light under the glass table



Store Info

Location

Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union, Philippines (in front of Sebay Surf Central)

Store Hours

Monday to Sunday 9:00 am to 12:00 am

Contact No.

0917 711 0419


My Satisfaction Level 

Palate Happiness: 5/5
Tummy Loader: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Budget: Php 70 - 350/ person

2 comments:

  1. Do your reviews here in Manila. Let's go to Van Gogh is Bipolar. Never been there. Quite expensive though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard of that and got me really cuious :)
    If there's a chance, I'd love to go food trippin' there. I can stay a year in Manila just doin' that... dream career ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to share what you have in mind :)