Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home Version TapSiLog

Today is a record breaker. Waking up at 5am, supposedly to go jogging, but ended up to a heavy breakfast. Can't remember the last time I woke up this early.

I'm a big fan of Tapsilog, Tocilog, and whatever Silog worth eating coz it's not a common thing here in Baguio. BUT I usually don't enjoy the whole set coz I have standards in its elements :)

1. I like my sunny side up egg to be perfect: yolk not cooked but the white membrane is, especially the one covering the yolk. Most Tapsilog-ans have either cooked yolks or uncooked "yolk top" (I don't know the technical term, if ever there is).

2. Go garlic rice! Some Tapsilog-ans serve UNfried rice, so it's not a SiLog anymore is it?

3. I like my meat salty and juicy. Not a fan of sweet marinade or any sweet viand. Over cooked or reheated meat is a no-no! And of course, proportions should be as what I paid for. Most Silog-ans fail this "standard".

Anyhow, I eat anything when I'm hungry :D

Here's my version of TapSiLog, prepared by Grench.
Home Made Tapa topped with White Onions

Sunny Side Up Egg


TapSiLog as it should be :) 
Wash it off with iced tea or freshly brewed coffee, then sit in your couch with a smile :)

The supposedly jogging hours ended up to be cholesterol loading moments. And now I'm really sleepy but enjoying composing my blog.

Nothing beats home cooked meals, right?





2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to share what you have in mind :)